Patagonia is an outdoor apparel business like no other. Our mission is a big one; “We’re in business to save our home planet”.
Staying true to our core values during forty-plus years in business has helped us create a company we’re proud to run and work for. Our values stay true to a business that was started by a band of climbers and surfers, and the minimalist style they promoted. The approach we take demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility; build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to protect nature, not bound by convention.
We are a passionate bunch driven by the unconventional. If you get excited by the idea of actually making a difference through your daily interaction with customers, then we would love for you to run our Byron Bay store!
The Store Manager upholds our company’s mission and is a voice in the community on environmental and community issues, using the store as a theatre to bring the issues to life to educate and inspire our customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the store consistent with the short and long-term goals of the company, its employees, and the local community.
- To ensure the store provides the highest level of customer service possible.
- Achieving budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses.
- Develop, train, and mentor store staff to be the best they can be.
- To uphold our company’s mission as a voice in the community on environmental and other community issues.
- Passionate about the environment and a hunger to save our home planet.
- Outdoor sports enthusiast, active in your chosen sports community.
- Strong experience in retail management (outdoor or surf experience ideal).
- Strong understanding of the local retail landscape with the ability to build lasting customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to build, coach and lead effective teams and motivate employees.
- A brand advocate who educates and engages customers.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to give clear directions, set expectations and provide regular feedback for staff.
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts (pricing, gross margin, markdowns, inventory control)
- Outlook, Excel & Word proficient.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategy.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- A company that is 100% focused on sustainability and the environment.
- A company that will nurture your leadership and management skills.
- Generous clothing allowance and discount.
To learn more about who we are visit www.patagonia.com.au
*Please include a cover letter in your application telling us about your passion for sustainability and the environment, and how you believe you could contribute towards our mission of saving our home planet. We’d also love to know how you spend your time in the outdoors!