Who we are:
Surfing Australia is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing within Australia. Our purpose is to create a healthier and happier Australia by enriching communities through surfing. Our vision is to continue to be one of Australia’s most loved sports, creating authentic heroes and champions to inspire the next generation to learn a skill for life. With surfing’s debut at the Tokyo Olympics, there’s never been a better time to be a part of the surfing journey.
As a not-for-profit, we drive the majority of our revenue through our partnership portfolio across our key pillars of High Performance; Participation programs including SurfGroms, our national Surf School network, grassroots Boardrider Clubs, community development and inclusion programs; our national Event portfolio with 120+ event days per year; Media & Owned channels including a strong digital and social footprint as well as a dedicated award-winning in-house production team.
About the role:
- Full-time Remote role – Sydney based
We are proud to have the support of our commercial sponsors including Woolworths and Hyundai, who align with our core values and make a tangible contribution to the development of the sport. In this newly created role of Partnership Sales Manager, your focus will be uncovering authentic and aligned partners through your already-established network of brand and agency contacts.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships based at Surfing Australia’s High-Performance Centre (and Surfing Aust HQ) in Casuarina, NSW, this role is remote, based in Sydney and primarily working from your home office. Because of this, the ideal candidate must be highly self-motivated, organised and able to work autonomously. You will have the full support of the existing Partnerships team as well as access to all pillars of the business including the Events and Media teams. The role will include interstate travel as well as regular travel to Surfing Australia HQ.
- Win new, high value and aligned partners for Surfing Australia
- Maintain and increase the investment of current partners, identifying new opportunities for growth
- Do market research & identify the most suitable companies to partner with Surfing Australia
- Build custom partnership proposals for brands that deliver on their business outcomes
- Create sellable inventory & opportunities for partners in each of SA’s initiatives
- Negotiate & execute Partnership Agreements
- Track & report performance of Partnerships sales leads, meeting, learnings & results via Salesforce & regular meetings with Head of Partnerships
You are a highly organised, results-driven team player with proven experience in developing world-class relationships, and growing partnerships that last the distance. You use initiative to get things done autonomously and approach challenges by thinking outside the square. You have:
- 4+ years proven track record of high performing sales results in media &/or sports sponsorships
- Strong knowledge of the Australian sports sponsorship and media landscape
- Currently working in direct advertising or sponsorship sales position
- Excellent rolodex of the Australian advertising industry
- Deep rolodex & strong relationships with brand buyers/decision makers
- Comfortable with presenting and pitching to multiple stakeholders
- Influential and effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read people, understand what they need, and be able to deliver it to them
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Have a 360-degree mindset for business development, working with partners to identify opportunities bespoke to their objectives
- Consistently look to innovate and streamline processes
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Experience in creating partnership proposals/solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office + CRM/database
- Expert in negotiation
- Strong project management abilities
- Able to build strong relationships quickly
- Hard working and passionate about your career and about making a difference
- Passionate surfer highly regarded
- Relevant University degree preferred
- Membership of professional sports, sales &/or industry groups an advantage
A competitive salary is on offer, along with a bonus structure to reward exceptional performance. If you want to join a business full of passionate, energetic, and hardworking people, apply now or email email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move.
We thank everyone in advance for their application for the role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Surfing Australia is an equal opportunity employer who supports inclusive, flexible, and accessible working arrangements for all. This includes persons with disabilities, culturally, religiously, and linguistically diverse people, diverse age groups, diverse sexual orientation, and gender.