About the business
Surfing NSW, established in 1963, is the largest and longest running of the recognised state bodies for the sport of surfing in Australia. Surfing NSW exists to ensure a seamless and fulfilling participation pathway for surfers of all ages and stages.
The organisation’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia, through surfing. Our purpose is driven by our 5 core pillars; Participation & Community, Events, High Performance Program, Media & Channels and Partnerships.
About the role
Surfing NSW has a large valuable partner base consisting of over 100 corporate & support partnerships.
The Partnership Coordinator is responsible for managing the relationships with corporate organisations and sponsorship partners. They are responsible for the implementation of all contractual deliverables, including and not limited to signage, publications, competition and organisation promotions, community programs, events, and hospitality.
The Partnership Coordinator is the key liaison between partners. This position requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail and excellent relationship management skills.
Client Services and Coordination
- Account management of partnerships and sponsorships
- Communicate partnership deliverables across the Surfing NSW team
- Deliver partnership agreement benefits with the Surfing NSW team
- Maintain and manage long-term relationships with current and prospective partners
- Attend events, competitions and programs to deliver on partnership benefits as required
- Coordinate sponsors functions and experiences at events
- Assist partnership Social Media deliverables across Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter
- Assist coordination of direct marketing, website and digital partnership requirements
- Support events team onsite at events and in preparation of events
- Collect and maintain all clients digital assets and ensure all correct internal guidelines are
- Review and revise partner needs and feedback
- Build custom partnership proposals and pitches
- Support identifying and contact potential partners for new business opportunities
- Support sales of new partnerships
- Support the sales of advertising inventory
- Support the team in the negotiation & execution of partnership agreements
- Support the review and renewal of current partnerships
- Schedule and organise meetings
- Maintain partner deliverable documentation
- Create agreements, contracts and MOU’s for partnerships
- Track and report performance of partnerships
- Create and deliver partnership reports
- Present partnership updates to internal team
- Obtain market & sport research data as needed
- Adhoc partnership administration duties
- All partnership benefits delivered for partners
Benefits and perks
- Office located on Maroubra Beach.
- Vibrant, young & passionate team culture.
- Free parking, fully equipped kitchen and shops nearby.
- Access to unique experiences & events.
- Opportunities to work up and down the coast on NSW idyllic beaches.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about Surfing
- Passionate about sport
- University degree or diploma preferred
- Memberships of professional sports, sales &/or industry groups an advantage
Desired type of experience:
- Experience in account management or client servicing
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge on Surfing NSW events, boardrider clubs and surf schools
Key knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Use initiative and work independently
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of the Australian Sports landscape
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Experience in creating a partnership strategy
- Proficient in negotiation & creating solutions/options
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Use of Google slides, docs and CRM systems
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Knowledge of Social Media scheduling tools