Surfing Australia is a National Sporting Organisation for surfing (including short board, long board, stand up paddle boarding and bodyboarding) that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing in Australia. The organisation is the link to international surfing pathways including the International Surfing Association and operates in a federated model with 6 State associations. Surfing is a newly appointed Olympic sport, aiming for success in Tokyo 2021.
The organisation’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia by enriching communities through surfing. Its vision is to be one of Australia’s most loved and viable sports creating authentic heroes and champions.
Respectful – We appreciate our community and celebrate our history and culture
Progressive – We embrace change and innovation
About the role…
Reporting to the Chief of Finance & Operations, this role will be responsible for supporting the online membership, affiliation, events and learning management services conducted by Surfing Australia’s National and State associations. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customer support for surfing in Australia’s online activities via telephone and zendesk
- Provide low-level technical help desk support
- Process creation, testing and documentation
- Lead, create, update and deliver training across the network
- Data management and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service skills (must have prior experience)
- Strong online systems and process skills (must have prior experience managing and supporting online applications)
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Able to work in a team and independently
The role is based in our Surfing Australia Head Office / High Performance Centre in Casuarina.
If you want to join a small business full of passionate, energetic and hardworking individuals click ‘Apply Now’. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How many years’ experience do you have in an application support function?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?