About the business
The organisation’s purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia, through surfing. Our purpose is driven by our five core pillars; Participation & Community, Events, High Performance Program, Media & Channels and Partnerships.
Our vision is to be one of Australia’s most loved and viable sports, creating authentic heroes and champions.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Events Coordinator to join our events team at Surfing NSW. The successful applicant will coordinate and manage event logistics, manage the event site and staff, liaise with event stakeholders, and foster strong internal and external relationships.
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. Add a shot of passion for surfing, experience in events and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager – Events, the role will focus on high quality planning, coordination and delivery of a diverse range of events. This role consists of a lot of travel to events throughout the year.
Our ideal start time for the successful candidate is to commence no later than Monday 20th July, 2020
General Event Duties
● Assist General Manager – Events in planning Surfing NSW events calendar including dates, travel schedule and locations
● Submitting council event applications
● Organise event insurance
● Work across all disciplines of surfing and concept ways to develop those surfing disciplines (Shortboard, Longboard, SUP & Bodyboard)
● Ensure Regional & State Titles results are collated to progress to State & Australian Titles
Core Technical Surf Tasks
● Forecast event schedules and align entries through the online entry system according to demand
● Ensure each event website is up to date with necessary information
Event Asset Management & Deliveries
● Manage & maintain warehouse/storage units including equipment, trailer, event vehicles, jet ski & computer system – ensure equipment ready for events
● Manage all incoming and outgoing deliveries for events
Event Human Resources
● Source all event staffing & develop talent pool of core event staff
● Manage event labour and staff at events
● Organise staff accommodation
● Coordinate travel arrangements
● Drive event staff to execute and activate corporate and event partnerships onsite
● Assist Partnerships team with accomodation partnerships
● Develop and create new event partnerships focused around accommodation & catering relationships
● Create and enhance the event customer experience
Event Communication & Digital
● Create event web pages
● Promote event partners via event web pages
● Communicate with local surf schools, boardrider clubs and regional representatives prior to hosting events
● Assist with event social media and direct marketing promotions
Benefits and perks
- Company vehicle
- Office located on Maroubra Beach.
- Vibrant, young & passionate team culture.
- Free parking, fully equipped kitchen and shops nearby.
- Access to unique experiences & events.
- Opportunities to work up and down the coast on NSW idyllic beaches.
Skills and experience
- Passionate about Surfing
- Passionate about Sport
- University degree or Diploma preferred
Desired type of experience:
- 2 years experience in working on Events
- Experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge on Surfing NSW events, boardrider clubs and surf schools
Key knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Use initiative and work independently
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of the Australian Sports landscape
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Proficient in creating solutions/options
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Use of Google slides, docs and CRM systems
- Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter
Applications close: 9am 7th July 2020
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What’s your highest level of education?