The job is the Art Director and the role starts in July
- In this role, you will develop and apply marketing strategies.
- It is your responsibility to formulate concepts, execute and design against them for ad campaigns in print, film, events, instore, digital and social.
- To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and markets is expected.
- On a regular basis, you will work with your counterparts in Brand and Product translating the approved concepts to retail and packaging.
- Bring your expertise to select photographers and creative partners for projects
- Oversee all global campaign shoots including prep, bookings, arranging talent booking photographers booking Filmers, styling and editing whilst managing campaign budgets
- Oversee all catalogues, look Books, marketing Books and photo shoots including prep, bookings,
- Arranging talent, booking photographers, booking filmers, styling and editing whilst managing budgets
- Oversee the Website management: with ability to work with outside contractors
- Deliver Photoshoot Briefs as needed to any outside partners
- Live in Byron Bay and travel to Japan and the US to work on Global campaigns and Marketing activities
You Will Make a Difference by:
- Owns a seasonal product story and develop an ongoing, multi-season campaign.
- Works with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned products.
- Leads photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, bookings, arranging talent, styling, and editing whilst managing budgets
- Partners with brand president reviewing and developing creative brief to assure alignment.
- Presents concepts to senior leadership, sales team and retail partners.
- Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
- Manages and Mentors all future hires under creative marketing
- Remains current on industry trends and technology.
- Owns a seasonal product story and develop an ongoing, multi-season campaign
- Maintain modern and relevant understanding of broader social, digital, fashion and consumer trends
- Windows / POP design
- Sales Catalogs, Look Book and Marketing Books
- All Go to Market Creative Deliverables
- Consult and work together with copy writing on language usage
- Logo Usage Guidelines
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years
- Performance of working for marketing department in a clothing label
- Strong communicator
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent comping skills
- Deep knowledge of graphic design
- Deep knowledge of typography
- Knowledge of online UX design
- Awareness of current advertising, design, and fashion trends expected
- Fluency in current advertising, design, digital and fashion trends expected
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and communicate on a global scale
- Travel oversees 2- 3 times a year to work on campaign shoots, global marketing actives in Japan and the USA
- Ability to be flexible in working late evenings/early mornings, when needed to meet project deadlines
- Can mentor and manage a growing creative team long term
About : Banks Journal is a modern clothing label inspired by coastal living and a love of design.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org