RVCA are looking for an experienced Designer to join the RVCA Design team focusing on Women’s apparel. In this role, you will design and product develop for the RVCA brand. From concept through to bulk production, this is your opportunity to make your mark and be responsible for design, developing and merchandise of all RVCA Women’s apparel.
ABOUT THE BRAND
RVCA – the balance of opposites. RVCA is about today, tomorrow and life as the big picture. It is about inspiring our generation, providing something of substance and culture, and above all doing it with integrity as a united family and a close-knit community.
RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of likeminded individuals from various subcultures.
This role will be responsible for delivering on specific market needs to focus on product opportunities across RVCA Women’s, duties will include:
- Undertake market research and analysis using key accounts, media, sales pre-lines, shopping, internet, travel etc. to establish style, colour, fabric and concepts of upcoming seasons.
- Partner with the RVCA international divisions to develop a global design strategy
- Develop appropriate ranges within required timeframes that are market relevant and true to the RVCA brand
- Develop and design proposed garments ensuring best use of colour, fabrics, trim, logo, graphics and garment finishing
- Manage garment production to ensure on time delivery of orders and that quantify standards are maintained.
- Coordinate progressive finalisation of garment from concept to production stage
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience and knowledge of industry with garment construction experience and 3 years in a similar role. Your sharp sense of your customer’s needs combined with your apparel design experience will mean you will be able to follow design from concept through to production.
Benefits and Discounts/What’s In It For You?
Join the Boardriders team and reap the rewards! We offer:
- Generous clothing discounts and allowances
- The support of a large, global business with a multitude of lifestyle brands
- A unique working environment with onsite café, 10 minutes from the surf breaks of Burleigh Point
- Career, Training & Development Opportunities – We offer and encourage succession planning throughout our business
Click APPLY to submit your resume.
We thank everyone in advance for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted within a 3 week period.