O’Neill, the original surf brand, founded in 1952 continues to be one of the world’s leading Surf Wetsuit and Apparel brands. We pride ourselves on our professional yet relaxed culture where we offer a genuine commitment to teamwork and flexibility.
Based out of O’Neill’s Sydney office in Brookvale, we are looking for a candidate to join the team in the full-time position of Designer – Women’s Apparel/Swim and Wetsuits.
Key responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Design Manager to manage the regional Women’s product design sourcing/development including range selections from global surf HQ (USA) and locally developed design requirements.
- Work with Production/Planning to achieve all critical path development path tasks.
- Create seasonal colour palettes and storyboards, and seasonal inspirational mood boards.
- Research previous best sellers and upcoming market trends relevant to the market.
- Design relevant product according to a set range plan and seasonal range direction, including style silhouettes and print yardages.
- Complete, refine and correct accurate techpacks and spec sheets in accordance with vendor needs and questions.
- Work with the Marketing team in transitioning product collections into strategic marketing campaigns.
This is an exciting opportunity for a relatively experienced Designer to have immense influence on the direction of this emerging category. This role includes international travel visiting USA partners and global trend research.
Experience working for a Boardsports brand is preferred however not essential to fulfilling this role.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 8th June 2018.