ASB MAGAZINE: The 2019 Ocean and Earth Regional Junior Titles will continue this weekend with the third of eight events taking place at Bombo Beach. The eight Ocean and Earth Regional Title events will run between April and May 2019 and will determine the qualifiers for the Ocean and Earth NSW Junior Shortboard State Titles and Havaianas NSW Grommet State Titles.
Dates and locations:
- Northern Beaches – Long Reef – 6th and 7th April 2019.
- North Coast – Park Beach, Coffs Harbour – 4th May, 2019.
- South Coast – Bombo Beach, Kiama – 11th May, 2019.
- Central Coast – Soldiers Beach, Central Coast – 11 May, 2019.
- Southern Beaches – Cronulla – 11 May, 2019.
- Illawarra – Sandon Point – 18th May, 2019.
- Newcastle / Mid-North Coast – Nobbys Beach – 18 – 19th, May 2019.
- Far North Coast – Lennox Head – 18th – 19th, May 2019.
Former WSL World Championship Tour surfer and current Ocean and Earth International Marketing Manager Phil Macdonald is looking forward to seeing the series unfold and being able to give back to junior grassroots surfing.
“The Ocean and Earth Regional Junior Titles are the start of the pathway to the Woolworths NSW Junior Titles pres. by Ocean and Earth, the Havaianas NSW Grommet Titles and then finally the Australian Junior Titles,” said Macdonald. “Ocean and Earth have been supporting junior surfing in NSW for over three decades. We are pumped to be involved again with this year’s series of grassroots events and love giving back to the youth as they hope to make it further in their careers.”
Location for the event will be confirmed via the Surfing NSW event hotline. The event hotline number is 0458 247 212.
For more information, check out surfingnsw.com.au
An event heat draw can be found here.