Brandscope is a revolutionary wholesale B2B platform (SaaS) providing market-leading services for globally recognised Action Sports, Lifestyle Fashion, Outdoor Leisure and Sports brands. The system supports over 30,000 retailers and 400 brands internationally with offices on the Gold Coast, Melbourne and the United Kingdom.
Ongoing expansion has created exciting openings for IT Systems & Support Analysts at the Senior and Junior levels. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact and share in the success of a recognised product in the digital market.
About the role:
We’re looking for motivated, highly tech-savvy people to join our team to assist in both the support and development of Brandscope. You will be instrumental in aiding clients quickly and accurately towards success on our platform and you will also contribute to the design, testing and implementation of new features and enhancements.
Successful candidates must know the difference between APIs (SOAP, REST protocols) and FTPs, be a wizard in Excel and be capable of seamlessly shifting focus between systems and support tasks.
We are looking for multiple candidates with a range of experience (1 x Junior and 1 x Senior).
As a business, we strive for work-life balance and place a high priority on an active, healthy lifestyle and
socialising as a team yet has expectations that all team members will strive to get the job done and at the highest level of quality.
Activities and responsibilities:
You will be joining a compact team working on all aspects of business support and development. You must help support our customers and help define business requirements, design and test solutions, consult with end-users and generally do what’s needed to achieve success.
This role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve 2nd level support incidents that are beyond the scope of Level 1 support requiring communication with Account Managers and Supplier partners.
- Analysis of partner platforms and their third-party API’s.
- Onboarding of new clients, aiding and coordinating their API and flat file integrations (JSON, XML, CSV).
- General system maintenance, ad-hoc technical queries and support as required.
- Assisting with data processing and relevant uploads.
- Troubleshooting problems at application, database, process and transaction levels.
- Daily communication with and oversight of the IT Development team.
- Gathering and analysis of business requirements and creation of associated documentation and technical user stories.
- Management and coordination of IT development features and project timelines.
- Data analysis and data migrations and related investigation.
- Testing of integrations and new software features.
You are a “people person” with a genuine passion for helping others and improving our application. You need to be:
- Obsessive about attention to detail. Prove this to us by indicating whether you are applying for the Junior or Senior position.
- Good at thinking about app logic.
- Quick and eager to learn new tools.
- A confident time and project manager. Able to plan workloads and deliver on time.
You must also have the following skills/attributes:
- A passion and aptitude for working with technology systems and data.
- Able to research and solve problems independently as well as work as part of a close, supportive team.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong written communication skills and English fluency.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Postgres, SQL, Amazon AWS (preferred)
- Capacity to communicate technical information to client partners with limited technical knowledge.
- Tertiary education in Computer or Data Science, Software Engineering (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies.
Senior applicants should also possess the following:
- Prior experience of 3+ years in a relevant position providing Level 1-3 support across software systems.
- Confidence to manage and deliver results under pressure and on tight deadlines.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is expanding into new sectors and locations. You will be able to further develop your skills and knowledge, as well as actively contribute to our strategic direction and platform growth.
The focus in this instance is primarily on support and analysis, however, you will also have ample opportunity to move into other technical or management roles.
The location of this opportunity will be Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast but interstate travel may be expected. Applicants in Melbourne will also be highly considered.
Competitive compensation for the role.
Your first official review after the probationary period will be six months from the start of full-time employment. Thereafter, performance reviews will be conducted annually.
This position reports to the Managing Director (Head of IT).
Hours of work:
The standard hours of Brandscope are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a one (1) hour break. Flexibility to respond to calls and questions and liaise with the Brandscope team outside of these hours is required.
Applications with a cover letter included can also be emailed to email@example.com. Please be sure to tell us a little bit about yourself and why you want the job!