Joel Parkinson has achieved just about everything you could want to in surfing, and today he announced that he’s hanging up the jersey to fuel the fire with other adventures.
After 20 years as one of surfing’s all-time greats, ‘Parko’ is announcing his retirement at J-Bay – the place where he nabbed his first CT win as an 18-year-old wildcard back in 1999.
The 2012 World Champ. A three time Triple Crown Winner. Pipe Master. Style Master, Joel’s competitive record is only eclipsed by his enviable style.
20+ years, 12 tour wins, 4 runner-up placings, & 1 hard-fought world title – Here’s a look back at his incredible career, including the day he broke the news to his mates, Mick Fanning & Mark Occhilupo.
ENJOY 🙂 And thank you Joel. Send your congrats to @joelparko
- Residence – Coolangatta, Gold Coast
- Major accomplishments – 2012 ASP World Champion, 3X Triplecrown champion
- Stance – Regular
- Sponsors – Billabong, Von Zipper, Kustom, JS Industries
- Favorite spot – Kirra, Snapper Rocks (Aus)
- Shaper – JS, from JS IndustriesInspirations – Occy, Matt Hoy