Vans is looking for a Global Marketing Coordinator, Skateboarding! Qualified candidates must have at least 3-5 years of full time experience in marketing coordination, specifically in project management, events coordination or an executive / administrative coordination setting. Experience working in the Action Sports industry, directly with athletes, is strongly preferred. If you meet these expectations, please read more to find out how you could be the next member of the Vans Family!
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people”– Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the creative expressers within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest retail company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing our growing number of individuals through our distinct learning culture.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to build each individual’s personal strengths to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as Leadership, Communication, Collaboration and Technical Skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly, growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative folk. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Global Marketing Coordinator, Skateboarding: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Vans is a leading action sports footwear company that has an extensive history of manufacturing excellence. We carry a sense of purpose to enable creative expression – and inspire youth culture – by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self. As the Global Marketing Coordinator, Skateboarding, you are responsible for assisting the Sport-specific Marketing Manager and Team Manager in the planning and execution of events and trips. You will use your analytical and organizational skills to successfully manage the product budget and ordering/delivering of shoes and apparel for athletes and industry as necessary. Responsibilities also include providing Key Account marketing coordination, pulling athlete editorial coverage, tabulating photo incentives, submitting expense reports and processing invoices. All across the world, Vans products are responsible for bringing constant joy and inspiration to those who embrace them and feel represented by the unique and fashionable styles we create. And we are immensely proud of that.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Partner with Team Manager to order and track shoes and apparel for the Vans global skate team and Industry. Apply the Van Doren spirit and care for the individual needs of our athletes and influencers by providing them with the best service in the industry.
- Track Vans skate athlete media reach and engagement, providing quarterly analysis to sports marketing leadership with emphasis on awareness through brand mentions and logo visibility.
- Support execution of Vans sport-specific Events and Contests including but not limited to on-site activation support.
- Assist and support the Global Skate Marketing Department with travel arrangements including booking flights, on-site transportation, and lodging while also generating detailed expense reports.
- Support marketing programs, contest and events, both on-line and in-store.
- Help mediate, organize, track, and coordinate inner-company athlete requests.
- Assist in all day to day operations within the Global Skate Marketing Department.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience coordinating events and/or projects
Educational/ Position Requirements:
· Knowledge and experience in the Action Sports industry is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Detail oriented and able to multi task
· Proficient Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Keynote
- Experience using B2B systems
- Experience using Concur or an equivalent expense reporting program is a plus
· Ability to work various shifts and weekends as necessary
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements
· Travel when necessary – approximately 30%
· Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
· Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need