- Burleigh Heads, Southern Gold Coast Location
- Fast-paced, growing Ecommerce coastal lifestyle retailer
- Drive the category financial strategy and take the category to the next level
- Manage a sizeable portfolio
- Opportunity to be part of a major transformation working with a leading Ecommerce retailer
SurfStitch is home to over 20,000 products, 350 brands and offers a fun, fast-paced, challenging environment and is experiencing exceptional growth. SurfStitch HQ is based in Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, just a short drive from some of Australia’s most iconic surf beaches. SurfStitch caters for a working environment of motivated, career aspirational individuals and provides lots of staff benefits including employee discounts, career opportunities, employee training and development programs and most importantly, fun staff parties! Our purpose is to inspire you to live like it’s the weekend.
About the role:
Due to an internal promotion, we are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Merchandise Planner to join our team at SurfStitch. Providing support to the Head of Planning and working closely with the buying team, this role is critical to supporting our buying function:
- Conducts in-depth Post Seasonal analysis and provides insights into category trading performance
- Performs regular SWOT analysis in conjunction with Buying teams and identifies key areas of opportunity for Surfstitch
- Develops the category strategy in conjunction with buying teams that aligns to the overall SurfStitch strategy
- Builds seasonal assortment plans and allocation of seasonal OTB to provide guidance to the Buying teams
- Works collaboratively with the buying teams to build a seasonal range that meets or exceeds budgeted business expectations on key financial metrics (Sales, Profit, Inventory, Stock Turn and GMROI) and executes the agreed category strategy
- Builds and presents range review presentations for sign off by management team
- OTB Management – Manages the monthly flow of seasonal purchase orders to ensure monthly targets are achieved
- Identifies areas of opportunity in season to react to the current trading environment and performance of the category
- Utilises data and insights to provide recommendations to react to category trends and performance
- Provide regular reporting updates to the business on current category trading performance
- Closely monitors in season sell through of seasonal styles through reporting and reacts based on current performance
- Acts on slow moving items to ensure business exposure to underperforming inventory is mitigated
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years Merchandise Planning experience
- High attention to detail
- Experience meeting targets and working to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse data and provide recommendations
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work through challenges to find a resolution
- Tertiary qualification is an advantage
- Ecommerce systems experience is an advantage i.e VRP
- Vibrant, fun team and open plan work space
- Our own café with subsidised coffees
- Generous staff discount
- Paid birthday leave
- Massage service on site every week
- Burleigh Heads location – close to the beach and local shopping centre
Are you ready for a new challenge? Here’s what you need to do…
Please send us your resume and a covering letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your experience relevant to the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience with merchandise and range planning?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?