About the job
- Broadbeach, Central Gold Coast Location
- Fast-paced, growing E-Commerce coastal lifestyle platform
- Friendly, open plan office
- Advance Your Career- Fantastic opportunity for career development
- Multiple Opportunities
About the role
We are looking for a multiple Junior Buyers to join our Buying team! Our Junior Buyers are primarily responsible for all the buying and merchandise duties focused around the administration support to the Head of Buying & Design and respective Buyers; administration of all products purchased within the SurfStitch brand. This role enables the smooth flowing of all product from vendors, to Fulfillment Centre and to customers seamlessly throughout the sales process.
We are looking for Junior Buyers for three categories:
- Hardware & Accessories
- Home, Wellness, Beauty & Women’s Footwear
SurfStitch is home to over 20,000 products, 350 brands and offers a fun, fast-paced, challenging environment and is experiencing solid growth. SurfStitch HQ is based in Broadbeach, Gold Coast, just a short walk from some of Australia’s most iconic surf beaches. SurfStitch offers an environment of motivated, career minded individuals and provides lots of staff benefits including employee discounts, training and development programs and staff events! Our purpose is to inspire you to live offline, shop online.
Key operational duties
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Buyer of that category
- Report weekly on categories as directed
- Managing OTB in line with budgets
- Track sales performance and act responsively to drive your categories sales towards the seasonal and long-term strategic plan
- Negotiate the purchase and supply of new goods in accordance with budget/forecasts
- Develop relationships with new suppliers and enhance relationships with existing suppliers and intermediaries
- Monitor and manage inventory levels and stock mix based on buying trends/forecasts and seasonal targets.
- Manage inventory RTV, purchase order adjustments and Re-bates
- Work with marketing staff and management to develop marketing strategies/campaigns that align with the SurfStitch brand.
- Assist the Senior Buyer in Campaign planning and execution for seasonal GTM and Trend analysis packs
- Consistently researching and have a sound understanding and product knowledge of products in our industry.
- To proficiently attend to assisting with reporting, including analysing data, compiling reports, creating top 10 visuals weekly
- To assist with the preparation of range reviews, seasonal reviews, and marketing packs for the under the direction of the Buyer
- To be a link between Buying and Marketing for your categories
- Assist and attend with Buyers in Seasonal Campaigns.
- Attend showings for specific categories and own them with the support and mentoring by the HOD
Key Experience we require from our Junior Buyer:
- Previous Buying or Junior Buying Experience (2+ years essential)
- Retail or E-Commerce buying experience preferred
Key Skills we require from our Junior Buyer:
- Intermediate Excel skills and ability to work in spreadsheets
- Experience meeting targets and working to tight deadlines
- Accurate and consistent data entry experience
- Experience in managing own workload and demonstrating basic problem solving and decision-making skills Experience utilising MS Office
- Strong product knowledge of that respective category
- High attention to detail & accuracy
- Effective organisational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Apart of SurfStitch’s competency model, this position is an individual contributor. As an Individual Contributor, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following SurfStitch competencies: Planning & Organising, Adaptability, Collaborating, Managing Work and Innovation.
Benefits and Perks:
- Advance Your Career – Fantastic opportunity for career development
- Great Culture & Environment
- Located in Broadbeach with only a 5-minute walk to the beach
- Birthday paid day off
- Generous staff discount
- Weekly onsite massages available
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
Are you ready for a new challenge? Here’s what you need to do…
Please send your resume and a covering letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your experience relevant to the role.
- Supply Chain