- Lead a small team of Buyers and Buying Assistants
- Enjoy building brand relationships with some of Australia`s top brands
- Fast-paced fashion forward product and core surf retailer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced buyer looking to step up into a leadership role and join our SurfStitch Women’s Buying Team!
You’ll be responsible for buying and maintaining selected women’s categories to achieve sales, margin and inventory targets across the business.
You’ll also need to ensure that all buying commitments are met, including order cut-offs, markdown deadlines, campaign planning and marketing commitments. As part of the Women’s Buying Team, the Head of Womenswear will look to you to assist with seasonal range plans that represent the SurfStitch brand.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing consumer/ market trend forecasts across SurfStitch’s product categories
- Tracking sales performance and acting responsively to drive sales towards the seasonal and long-term strategic plan
- Negotiating the purchase and supply of new goods in accordance with budget/ forecasts
- Developing relationships with new suppliers and enhancing relationships with existing suppliers
- Monitoring inventory levels and stock mix based on buying trends/ forecasts and seasonal targets
- Develop marketing campaigns in conjunction with marketing that align with the SurfStitch brand
- Assisting with campaign planning and execution for seasonal go-to-market and trend analysis packs
- Researching and developing product knowledge through buying trips, conferences and expos
Key skills and experience:
- Min 3 years’ buying experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Product development experience (desirable)
- Fashion/ surf industry product knowledge
- Strong commercial aptitude and trend awareness
- Strong mathematical/ analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- High level problem solving and decision-making ability
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated Womenswear Buyer to contribute to a high-performing buying team
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a great team environment? We’ve got an awesome open plan setup that supports collaboration.
Like to relax? We offer on-site massages
Like our products? You’ll get a generous staff discount.
It’s your birthday? Take the day off.
Like the beach? We are located in one of the most coveted locations on the Gold Coast, Burleigh Heads!