Type: Contracted to Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
About Surfline Wavetrak
Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better — supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
As the Editorial and Programming Manager in Australia, you are responsible for all content on Surfline, making sure that everything published on the brand’s channels is in line with the brand voice. Every email, social post and article will be seen and edited by you, to ensure all language speaks to the audience in an authentic way.
In your role, you will ensure that all editorial content supports the main business objectives – building AU regional market-share/audience, sending users from content into the product (forecasts, cams, etc), retaining existing Premium members and growing Premium membership. You will orient everything you do around these goals, whilst also adhering to the brand guidelines and be monitoring success through analytics tools like Google Analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure there is a fresh lead story – which reflects the brand promise – top-of-site five times per week (sponsored content takes precedence when applicable.)
- Communicate closely with the forecast team to determine where to focus the editorial lens regarding oncoming swells.
- Oversee daily social media management of editorial promotion.
- Follow the overall high-level editorial strategy for Surfline – always aligning with company KPIs.
- Effectively communicate the regional editorial policy and strategy to various departments within the company.
- Oversee and sign off on all Australian content published to Surfline platforms, under the supervision of your manager.
- Edit all copy that comes in through partners, contributors, other Wavetrak sites and so on, to publishable standards.
- Ideate all content in accordance with the Surfline brand promise and discuss with global editorial peers on a weekly basis.
- Set out weekly content calendar using company planning and management processes (including social, email, features, videos etc).
- Execute all sponsored content, liasing with various departments to deliver and promote.
- Manage and adhere to the overall editorial budget.
- Assist with uploading content into the backend, including: images, links, headlines, pic credits etc.
- Source imagery/assets for content, where required.
- Monitor community engagement on articles and social media, and respond where applicable.
- Act as the editorial representative for Surfline Australia within wider content teams.
- Participate in weekly meetings with other global editors.
- Liaise with product team to make sure the editorial demands/goals are being heard and executed on to hit KPIs.
- Oversee all editorial reporting (including social, editorial KPIs, email blasts, forecast conversions) to track KPI progress, flag up wins/losses.
- Make sure eyes are on global content and flagging that up to relevant departments.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A work ethic that is self-motivated, consistent, forward-thinking and efficient
- A student of and appreciation for surf media, culture, history, adventure, industry
- Existing relationships with or connections to influencers and contributors in the modern surf world
- Solid understanding of excellent surf photography/video/design – and how to utilise these elements to produce high quality content
- The ability to take a project from ideation to 100% completion
- Ability to work across departments while retaining the Surfline Australia brand voice
- Understanding of content marketing best practices as related to audience personas, SEO, social and email
- Experience with content management systems and editing tools
You May Also Have:
- A background in digital marketing best practices
- Experience with photo editing
- A strong understanding of alternative content consumption modes – specifically social media and other media sites – and what “surf” content is resonating on those platforms.