- Showcase Patagonia across our sports community
- Represent our brand as a competitor, ambassador, advisor, or friend
Founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California with offices around the world. A certified B Corporation, the company is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism – and its contributions of more than USD $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to date. Our values stay true to a business that was started by a band of climbers and surfers, and the minimalist style they promoted. The approach we take demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility; build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to protect nature, not bound by convention.
We look for candidates with proven experience who thrive in a team-based atmosphere, individuals who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who participate in and appreciate our core sports. Folks who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively are most successful with us. We’re looking for someone who builds and maintains relationships with ease and desires to put the customer at the centre of everything they do. We don’t want someone who can just do a job – we want the best person for the job. Yet we don’t look for “stars” seeking special treatment and perks. Our best efforts are collaborative, and Patagonia culture rewards the ensemble player while it barely tolerates those who need the limelight.
In this role you will support all elements of our sport marketing (events, ambassadors, pro program) and community management (social, content, moderation). Reporting to the Marketing Director and working out of our Torquay Victoria HQ, you will be active in our core sport communities representing the brand as a competitor, an ambassador, an advisor, or a trusted friend. You will build relationships with our region’s ambassadors, develop a portfolio of friends of our brand, and facilitate gear, sponsorship, and brand presence in community sport events across ANZ.
Additionally, you will work closely with the broader marketing team contributing to the development of content, PR campaigns, and feeding our sport editorial pipeline. You will act as a role model and display the Patagonia values with a consistent tone of voice that is both motivating and inspiring.
We are looking for an experienced sports marketer who has history in one of our core sports, and who shares our vision for protecting nature. You will be well regarded, influential, and at the top of your game as you take on your next challenge in showcasing Patagonia across our sports community. Of equal importance will be your thorough knowledge of the outdoor industry and being a “tech head” when it comes to product and social networks. Bringing all of this together will be your professional attributes such as –
- Strong expertise and experience in executing social strategies, content, and community moderation.
- Deep experience using marketing automation tools including social listening tools; social content, calendar planning and Publishing Tools; social and web analytics tools; collaboration software; URL shortening and tracking tools.
- Ability to ideate around short and long form content.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build high understanding of brand guidelines and quality standards.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Efficient at multitasking and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional manner.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilising various transportation methods.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the company produces products for.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Patagonia is proud of our diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from different cultural backgrounds.