About Ocean & Earth.
Trusted by surfers since 79, Ocean & Earth produce the world’s largest range of innovative surf accessories to inspire SURF TRAVEL STOKE.
Independently owned and run by surfers for surfers, we live and breathe all things surf.
We are committed to keep our Ocean and Earth protected and pumping for generations to come.
About the role:
Ocean & Earth is looking for an experienced and highly motivated full-time Retail Manager to manage our Sussex Inlet store.
- Directing, leading and motivating the retail store team
- Delivering best-in-class customer service to our awesome customers
- Driving sales results to reach store budgets and targets
- Maintaining inventory by implementing purchasing plans and working closely with General Manager
- Own retail operations including visual merchandising, stock control and reporting as required
- Embody the O&E ethos of SURF STOKE TRAVEL
For this exciting role it is preferred that you have;
Essential Skills / Attributes:
- 5 years minimum management experience in a busy, retail environment
- Surf Retail experience would be an advantage though training will be provided for the correct candidate
- Experience maintaining merchandising standards to maximize sales
- Experience in stock control procedures and inventory management
- Excellent customer service skills;
- A genuine sales approach, with proven sales record
- Able to manage a high traffic of customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think on the spot
- Ability to perform retail math
- Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Must be able to perform all retail floor functions including standing for extended periods, climb ladders, stocking and retrieving merchandise and unloading shipments
- Passion for surfing and the ocean
You are excited by the opportunity to step into a management role and are seeking a new challenge. You’ve previously managed a retail store and pride yourself on providing exceptional customer service. You have a genuine sales approach and care about driving a team to perform their best. This role has opportunities for expanded responsibilities and growth within the O&E team.
Applicants must be available to work a roster that may include weekend and/or public holidays.
How to apply
Please submit your CV to the email address below:
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Whilst we would love the chance to speak to every applicant, unfortunately that’s not always possible. If you have been selected for an interview you will hear back from us within 3 weeks.