Born from water, Hurley was founded in Huntington Beach in 1999 on the principle of empowering and fuelling the voice of the next generation. Through the lens of inclusion, Hurley has partnered with the world’s best musicians, surfers, skateboarders, and more, growing into a global youth culture brand with roots sunk deep in beach lifestyle.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
As a dynamic Australian & New Zealand wholesaler and retailer, under the trading name of Hurley Australasia PTY Ltd, The Hurley brand is a leading action sports and lifestyle brand specialising in apparel, accessories and footwear. We continue to be the market leader in lifestyle products with an emphasis on the ocean and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the expansion and growth of our Hurley business, this Production Coordinator and Garment Technician role has been created to; generate tech sketches, sampling and size specifications, preparation of graded patterns and size specs, checking and measuring of initial size sets with close liaison back to factories, support QA with cross check and sign off of PP and shipment samples. Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, with a dotted line to the Hurley Brand Manager and Apparel Business Manager. As part of the Conquest Sports Pty. Ltd. group of companies (Converse Brand and Rookie USA – Nike & Jordan Kids Apparel) you will have access to the broader network and all the support and tools that will see you ‘set up to win’.
New Development Products
- Work closely with Design function on Development of product across all categories each season – back against Seasonal Game Plan set calendar milestones
- Schedule and track production & sampling against set calendar dates & gates
- Source and order fabrics in the timely manner required for production
- Create specification sheets to communicate to factory – from first sample
- Create/execute feedback comments of first prototype through to PP for all product designs
- Analyse FOB’s, comparisons across supply chain, Y.O.Y to ensure consistency & achievement of all measures
Liaison with Factories
- Ensure all products have relevant and necessary labelling
- Communication of fit comments/feedback to suppliers
- Ensure consistency of products through review of specification sheets, construction and grading
- Analyse garment costings
- Review social compliance factory audit
- Accurate processing and coordination of computerized size specification sheets
- Creation of new patterns and blocks as required
- Liaison with off-shore suppliers, providing details of how patterns are to be constructed, altered and/or graded
- Manage size fittings and make necessary adjustments considering designer needs and supplier capacity
- Monitoring of deliveries and quality of product, initiating follow ups and resolving quality issues to ensure deadlines are met – back against SGP.
- Finalisation of garments from sample stage to bulk production –
Pre-Production Sample Management and Tracking
- Deliver seasonal brand/channel right assortments (Digital & B&M) – liaising with DTC Merch Manager & Hurley Brand Manager
- Buys are to be within OTB and brand architecture guidelines
- Plan monthly product flow into all stores against sell through & capacity plans
- Assess impact of marketing / promotional activity, adjusting future plans accordingly
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A proven record working in apparel garment development (technologist) experience
- Qualifications in patternmaking and/or strong garment construction experience
- Strong understanding of garment construction, size specifications and fitting garments
- Experience working with both cut and sew and woven product is essential.
- Outstanding PC skills and clear verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in all MS Office, specifically in Excel and Adobe Illustrator
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU…
A competitive base salary, generous employee discounts across all brands, onsite parking and access to our onsite gym!