Born from water, Hurley was founded in Huntington Beach in 1999 on the principle of empowering and fueling the voice of the next generation. Through the lens of inclusion, Hurley has partnered with the world’s best musicians, surfers, skateboarders, and more, growing into a global youth culture brand with roots sunk deep in beach lifestyle. Disruptive innovation is our unique blend of style and performance and has Hurley sitting as the global benchmark for performance both in and out of the water.
As a dynamic Australian & New Zealand wholesaler and retailer, Hurley Australasia is a leading action sports and lifestyle brand specialising in apparel, accessories and footwear. We continue to be the market leader in youth lifestyle products with an emphasis on the ocean and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Product Line Coordinator role supporting the Merchandise Manager building company seasonal assortments, product creation, data management/analysis and Go-to- Market/ Seasonal Game Plan process and execution.
This role requires an experienced, product Line Coordinator who has a proven record managing multiple partners and works exceptionally well cross-functionally.
This person is consumer obsessed, and is passionate about all facets of the product cycle.
The ideal candidate is proactive, has the ability to work autonomously, but views themselves as a true team player.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Contributes to administering channel management across ANZ – wholesale & Retail /segmentation – marketplace management in alignment with brand architecture & strategic initiatives
- Supports Merchandise Manager building company seasonal assortments which align back with Hurley Aust (WS & Retail) strategy & required metrics
- Contributes to the execution of GTM tools for Sales team to leverage / impart to see the required assortment plans booked
- Maintain relevant analysis reports to assist with line development & forecasting
- Be familiar with & interpret market trends across all competitors
- Price lists: construction, maintenance & distribution
- Samples – ensure are distributed in timely manner – as per GTM calendar
- Liaises closely with global partners to effectively communicate any seasonal game plan changes internally and externally
- Effectively and efficiently manage data integrity in ERP and relevant documents with a high level of attention to detail, inclusive of visual line plans
- Co -Ordinates required data in relation to Go-to-Market
- Ensure GTM calendar is executed in timely & accurate manner through strong consistent & timely communication across all functions
- Collate and distribute feedback/data from Marketing & Sales with Product being the hub.
- Seasonal Consolidation Meetings – Be familiar with bookings – architecture, productivity, bookings, OTS.
- Work with all cross functions in product creation and development
- Maintain close communication at all times with regional product marketing team (and global as relevant)
- Work to overcome seasonal range & production (PO placement) issues
- Provide timely, accurate, strategic forecasts, analysis & interpretation back to Merchandise Manager as directed
- Contribute to all locally set ‘aligned’ strategies back to Global as appropriate
Creating Team success:
- Bring energy and positivity on daily basis
- Willing and able to disagree when needed, but able to align and implement if decisions go against your POV
- Create deep relationships with global and regional counterparts
- Supports Product execution across the marketplace – set an incredibly high standard
- Provide clear communication across the entire organization
- Act as an advocate for the consumer, the product
- Be transparent: communicate well and often with your close and extended teams
- Drive efficiency – eliminate what isn’t needed through strong promotion of structure & process
- Encourage a ‘test and learn’ culture to drive creative thinking with a focus on measuring and understanding the impact of our investments.
- Collaborate with team to execute against SGP (Seasonal Game Plan) rolling calendar with utmost timeliness.
- Strategic Thinking: Have a vision for the future and more importantly assist planning to bring the vision to life that sets a roadmap for success
- Consumer Centric Mindset: Obsess and serve the consumer – always. Dedicate time and resources to staying current with our consumer and be clear on what matters to them so Hurley can exceed their expectations
- Business Analysis and Quantitative Skills: Use relevant data to inform key decisions. Leverage the Science to inform the Product Line architecture
- Strong organization skills: Ability to prioritize and organize workload for self in response to often aggressive timelines
- Product & Merchandise Knowledge: Minimum 5 years of product or merchandising experience across both Wholesale & Retail
- Strong Personal Standards: We must execute flawlessly, everyday – the consumer demands it
- Communication skills: Strong ability to communicate with people across all different levels, nationalities and cultures within and outside the Hurley organization. Be able to present strategically back to the leadership team
- Ability to communicate with outside vendors and product management firms.
- Collaboration: Establish and maintain relationships across the Hurley cross-functional team – listening, understanding, and incorporating other function’s perspectives to drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Experience working within a team, and thrives in a team environment
- Creative Suites: proficient in illustrator, photoshop, adobe applications
WE CAN OFFER YOU…
Be part of a globally recognized youth culture brand team, be a driver for our ever-evolving business, as the product line coordinator you will support and collaborate with the Merchandising Manager to execute the ANZ Product strategy – wholesale/retail and Au/NZ level. A competitive base salary, superannuation, employee discounts, free onsite parking and free access to our onsite gym are also on offer to the successful candidate.