Born from water, Hurley was founded in Huntington Beach in 1999 on the principle of empowering and fuelling the voice of the next generation. Through the lens of inclusion, Hurley has partnered with the world’s best musicians, surfers, skateboarders, and more, growing into a global youth culture brand with roots sunk deep in beach lifestyle.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
As a dynamic Australian & New Zealand wholesaler and retailer, under the trading name of Hurley Australasia PTY Ltd, The Hurley brand is a leading action sports and lifestyle brand specialising in apparel, accessories and footwear. We continue to be the market leader in lifestyle products with an emphasis on the ocean and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the expansion and growth of our Hurley business, this Apparel and Accessory Product Design role has been created to Design, Develop and Influence by; keeping abreast of market trends, leveraging our merchandise strategic plan, ensuring seasonality relevance, category goals, new development of our technology franchises against identified consumer needs throughout the design & development process; engage appropriately to ensure projects are completed within corporate guidelines and goals for all facets of product creation; completing and manage tech packs; and analysing and interpreting market trends back against brand DNA.
Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, with a dotted line to the Hurley Brand Manager and Apparel Business Manager.
As part of the Conquest Sports Pty. Ltd. group of companies (Converse Brand and Rookie USA – Nike & Jordan Kids Apparel) you will have access to the broader network and all the support and tools that will see you ‘set up to win’.
- Research and Pitchback on market trends and colours on a seasonal basis
- Coordinate the product creation process from initial concept, design through to commercialization
- Work with production function for guidelines to achieve on delivery against all milestones as outlined in critical roadmap and seasonal game plan (SGP) specification, sustainability, performance, and financial metrics
- Collaborate intently with Brand, Merchandising and Production to execute on product development goals and objectives as set out in strategic plan
- Drive an innovation agenda in product development (Performance and Sustainability)
- Live and Breath brand and consumer D.N.A
- Tech packs and data completed with absolute timeliness & accuracy as against SGP (Seasonal Game Plan) milestones
- All functional deadlines hit as set out in the ‘SGP’
- Back against seasonal initiatives & directives – play an influential role in ensuring ranges meet provided Brand & Merch expression and all required KPI’s – both strategic & commercial.
- Work with Merchandise Manager on seasonal metrics / KPI’s for In-Line, Local for Local & Hurley Blue ranges
- Analyse and interpret Wholesale & DTC (market) sell through data to inform future product development
- Deliver the 4 R’s relentlessly – Right Product, Right Time, Right Price, Right Place
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Adobe Creative Suites experience
- Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Apparel Design
- Marketplace Analysis
- Collection Concepts
- Technical Packs
- A genuine intertest in trends and brands
- An analytical mind with a high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Proven track record of ‘out of the box’ strategic thinking to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Understanding of retail trends and experience within surf/apparel industry
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU…
A competitive base salary, generous employee discounts across all brands, onsite parking and access to our onsite gym!