Surfing Australia (SA) is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing within Australia. SA’s purpose is the create a happier and healthier Australia through surfing.
Surfing is a newly appointed Olympic sport, aiming for medal success in Tokyo 2020. To support this focus, along with podium success in World Championship Tour (WCT) / World Qualifying Series (WQS) events, SA has established a world class High Performance team and facility supporting Australian athletes to become the world’s best surfers and people.
Parallel to this is our sport development pathway fostering participation programs including SurfGroms, juniors, national surf schools, boardrider clubs, community development and inclusion programs. SA drives the majority of its revenue through its Partnership portfolio and digital business.
About the role…
Reporting to the GM – Partnerships, Events & Digital and working closely with the team, you will manage a diverse range of tasks including:
- Timely servicing of deliverables for Partnership agreements (Account Management)
- Source, build & maintain key business relationships with Partners to provide assistance as needed
- Develop key documents for internal & external stakeholders including Partnership proposals, reports, agreements, advertising / campaign creative & presentations
- Plan & deliver key event activations as they arise
- Coordinate broadcast & digital schedules, pre-production, advertising & reporting
- Provide general administration support to the team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A degree in Marketing / Business / Digital
- Demonstrated previous work experience in Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Events, Ditial or Media (1-2 years)
- Experience in an NSO or not for profit organisation (desirable)
- Thorough understanding of the corporate sponsorship market (desirable)
- The ability to prioritise workload in a high volume environment with the ability to work autonomously to meet timelines
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, individual & group presentations, written) to build & maintain key stakeholder relationships & generate high level business documentation & proposals
- The drive to roll up your sleeves to get the job done to tight or changing deadlines with a solutions-focused, professional & positive approach
- Proven organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- High level competency in MS Office & social media platforms.
The role is based in our Surfing Australia Head Office / High Performance Center in Casuarina, NSW and may require some weekend work and occasional domestic travel.
If you want to join a small business full of passionate, energetic and hardworking individuals click ‘Apply Now’. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move. Please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone in advance for their application for the role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.