SUMMARY: Outerknown seeks an organized, self-motivated and meticulous Production Director to coordinate domestic and international production needs. This position is responsible for material commitments, cost negotiations, capacity planning, accuracy of production orders and on time delivery of samples and bulk orders. An essential component of the Outerknown brand is sustainability and the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of best practices as they relate to the environment and social responsibility in factories in the US and abroad.
- Work with the Head of Product and cross functional team to implement systems, processes, and master calendars to ensure ongoing monitoring of the production cycle and timely product deliveries.
- Support the Head of Sustainability in defining and implementing short and long term sourcing strategies to support company goals.
- Manage and implement quality assurance at the finished goods level through standard setting, inspection audits, and QA strategies.
- Negotiate seasonal pricing from first proto to final production in a fair and timely manner that promotes positive supplier relationships.
- Attend fittings and communicate how changes will affect cost and time lines
- Work with Product Development to insure cut approval aligns with production schedule.
- Build and maintain finished good lead times in accordance with go to market strategies.
- Issue and maintain capacity plans for both materials and finished goods suppliers.
- Negotiate sample and production material commitments, monitor inventory and manage liability exit strategies.
- Issue production Purchase Orders, monitor Work In Progress reports for both domestic and overseas production to insure on time delivery.
- Report production issues/delays in a timely manner.
- Oversees import production logistics and customs clearance and manages the Logistics Coordinator.
- Partner with the Head of Sustainability to identify suppliers that align in capabilities and responsible practices.
- Negotiate lead times, capacity and costing in a positive manner that builds supplier partnerships.
- Work with Product team to ensure factories understand calendar deadlines, and approval process to execute a quality product on time.
- Develop and/or enhance production processes.
- Attend and participate in cross-functional team meetings.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience working with domestic and international production.
- Self-motivated, independent and able to quickly adapt to unique situations.
- Highly organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple task/seasons.
- Thorough understanding of design changes and how they impact cost.
- Full Circle experience a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Domestic and or international travel as required.