- Torquay, Victoria location
- Manage a fun and vibrant head office
- Be the lynch pin within the Patagonia culture
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel business like no other. We’re in business to save our home planet.
Patagonia grew out of a small company that made tools for climbers. Alpinism remains at the heart of a worldwide business that still makes clothes for climbing—as well as for skiing, snowboarding, surfing, fly fishing, mountain biking and trail running. Our values stay true to a business that was started by a band of climbers and surfers, and the minimalist style they promoted. The approach we take demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility; build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to protect nature, not bound by convention.
Staying true to our core values during forty-plus years in business has helped us create a company we’re proud to run and work for.
We are a passionate bunch driven by the unconventional. We don’t want someone who can just do a job; we want the best person for the job. Yet we don’t look for “stars” seeking special treatment and perks. Our best efforts are collaborative, and the Patagonia culture rewards the ensemble player while it barely tolerates those who need the limelight.
The office manager is a lynch pin within the Patagonia culture, being a positive influencer across the business, an owner of our celebrations, a host to our guests, the king or queen of cool office vibes, and general support to all of our staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend to telephone (reception) and answer or direct queries as required in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate new staff set up process including computers, phones, workspace, fuel cards, credit cards, stationary, vouchers etc.
- Assist in managing certain I.T. support items; password resets, app installation, internet and phone connection, issue escalation, asset register.
- Monitor and order stationery and general supplies for the office and other locations as needed, and utilising brands that fit within Patagonia’s values.
- Maintain a cohesive, clean, and welcoming office environment; ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, rotate towels and stock supplies daily, ensure routine cleaning and maintenance tasks are performed on time and to standard.
- Maintain relationships with service and utility providers and regularly undertake analysis to ensure we are using the most appropriate providers at all times.
- Be the point of contact for travel liaison when problems arise or advice is required on staff travel.
- Coordinate and organise a calendar of events for staff; quarterly town hall, Christmas party, Easter BBQ, Friday lunches, r u ok day, etc.
- Manage a calendar of employees’ birthdays and ensure they are celebrated.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested by the senior leadership team; travel requests, expenses, meeting minute taking, coordination of travel plans for international guests etc.
- Host our guests in the office; greet them in a friendly and welcoming manner, offer tea/coffee/water, organise any catering requirements etc.
- Manage meeting rooms; ensure there are no clashes for major meetings, ensure the meeting rooms are clean and tidy before and after meetings.
- Other tasks as required by Human Resources Manager, Country Director, or Shared Services Director.
- Personable and friendly, with professional phone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Good aptitude for numbers and ability to learn advanced MS Office skills.
- High accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and highly organised.
- Creative by nature with the ability to come up with cool ideas
- Proficient project management skills.
- Must be able to sit / stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional manner within a flexible and (at times) noisy work environment.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- A company that is 100% focused on sustainability and the environment.
- A company that is experiencing enormous growth and will nurture your development so that you grow with us.
- Generous clothing allowance and discount.
To learn more about who we are visit www.patagonia.com.au
*Please include a cover letter in your application telling us about your passion for sustainability and the environment, and how you believe you could contribute towards our mission of saving our home planet. We’d also love to know how you spend your time in the outdoors!