ASB MAGAZINE: The SBIA has announced the appointment of Volcom AU/NZ General Manager, Alison Thomas as the newest SBIA board member and current SBIA board member and head of awards process sub-committee, Mark ‘Huddo’ Hudson (Director – Dragon South Pacific) to the position of SBIA Vice President. Hudson has been an integral part of the SBIA as a board member and sub-committee contributor since 2016.
Alison Thomas has a long history in the boardsports industry, dating back to when she was a sponsored freestyle snowboarder and snowboard instructor. Over the past 13 years Alison has been a part of the Volcom family where she’s had the unique opportunity to manage all departments from production, product development & merchandising, e-commerce and retail until her recent appointment in 2017 as General Manager.
Commenting on her new appointment to the SBIA board Alison Thomas said; “I am excited and very humbled to be included on the SBIA board and to have the opportunity work closer with such an inspiring group of industry leaders.”
SBIA President Anthony ‘Macka’ Wilson enthused; “We are extremely fortunate to have someone with Alison’s diverse industry experience join the SBIA board, we’re looking forward to having Alison contribute to our organisation, which will no doubt immensely support the continual promotion of our industry,” said Wilson.
Commenting on Mark Hudson’s contribution Wilson said; “Mark will no doubt take on this role with enthusiasm, over the last couple of years Huddo’s contribution has played a crucial role in providing the resources and expertise required for our Awards to be a success,” concluded Wilson.
The SBIA Board of Management is:
- President: Anthony “Macka” Wilson – Saltwater Wine | Stormriders, NSW
- Vice President: Mark Hudson – Director – Dragon Retail
- Secretary /Treasurer: Damian Campbell – Head of Sales, Boardriders
- Board Member: Andy Ireland – Saltbush Surf, SA
- Board Member: Alison Thomas, Volcom – General Mananger AU/NZ
- Board Member: Neil Ritchie- Alto Sports
- Independent Board Member: Russell Zimmerman – Executive Director, Australian Retailers Association (ARA)
- Executive Officer: Lyndall Browning
Get your tickets to the SBIA Banquet and Awards (25 October) HERE