Born from water, Hurley was founded in Huntington Beach in 1999 on the principle of empowering and fuelling the voice of the next generation. Through the lens of inclusion, Hurley has partnered with the world’s best musicians, surfers, skateboarders, and more, growing into a global youth culture brand with roots sunk deep in beach lifestyle.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
As a dynamic Australian & New Zealand wholesaler and retailer, under the trading name of Hurley Australasia PTY Ltd, The Hurley brand is a leading action sports and lifestyle brand specialising in apparel, accessories and footwear. We continue to be the market leader in lifestyle products with an emphasis on the ocean and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to the expansion and growth of our Hurley retail business, this role has been created to manage the buying, range planning and inventory management across all DTC (Direct to Consumer) channels.
Reporting to and with support from the DTC Merchandise Manager the successful candidate will have full responsibility of the merchandising function.
As part of the Conquest Sports Pty. Ltd. group of companies (Converse and Rookie USA – Nike & Jordan Kids Apparel) you will have access to the support and tools that will see you set you up to win.
- Create consumer right assortments; working with sale and design teams to buy from global ranges or develop products that will drive business and articulate the brand direction
- Utilise our onsite showroom to create and share VM directives for store implementation to ensure your assortments come to life
- Achieve inventory KPI’s across all channels (digital, flagship and outlet) through strategic buying, VM, and promotion/markdown activity
- Present product and category performance as well as 30/60/90 strategic plans in monthly trade meetings
- Conduct thorough in-season and post-season analysis with the digital merchandise coordinator and present back to sales and design teams
- Liaise with DTC allocator to ensure timely delivery of all seasonal indents
- Liaise with store management and regional sales managers on a weekly basis
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role – category manager, buyer, junior buyer, junior planner etc.
- Advanced Excel skills
- An analytical mind with a high attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Proven track record of ‘out of the box’ strategic thinking to deliver results
- Comfortable visiting stores, discussing strategy and ‘pulling up your sleeves’ to get to know the consumer where required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Understanding of retail trends and experience within surf/apparel industry
- Experience using AP21 will be highly regarded
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU…
A competitive base salary, generous employee discounts across all brands, onsite parking and access to our onsite gym!