Boardriders are looking for an experienced Designer to join the Element & RVCA Design team focusing on Men’s products. You responsible for developing, maintain and directing the overall product activities for the Elements Men’s business as well as supporting the Senior Men’s Designer for RVCA. From concept through to bulk production, this is your opportunity to make your mark and be responsible for design, developing and executing of all ELEMENT Men’s product and assist in the design and development of RVCA Men’s.
ABOUT THE BRAND
In 1992 the Element seed was planted. Our goal was simple, to be the best we could be in the most honest and ethical way possible. We joined together to elevate what we all truly believe in. Today we continue to create the art, direction and message on the constant path to bring progress to skateboarding. We are more than a business; we are a family, all on the same journey for the growth within ourselves, Element and all that surrounds us.
RVCA is a design-driven lifestyle brand free from passing trends. Appearing as a natural on the shelves of boutiques as on those of a local skate shop, RVCA is brought together by a group of likeminded individuals from various subcultures.
This role will be responsible for designing and developing Element Men’s styles and managing from concept through to production. As, well as assisting with RVCA Men’s product development and design. Your duties will include:
- Working closely with the Element global design team to ensure ranges meet the regional requirements
- Contributing to global product ranges and developing product specifically for the Australasian market
- Development of seasonal graphics
- Designing and developing products through to sampling stage, liaising with suppliers and merchandising and pattern making teams
- Working collaboratively with our company owned multi-branded retail across a footprint of over 100 stores in Australia and New Zealand
- Ensuring communication to the sales team to support product indent and sell through
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Fashion Design or Graphic Design
- Experience in a similar role, ideally with exposure across a range of garments and accessories
- A solid understanding of skate/street fashion combined with a passion for our brand
- Experience in garment fitting and construction
- Knowledge of the product design process and development cycle
- Experience with computer software, particularly Adobe Illustrator
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines
BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS!
Join the Boardriders team and reap the rewards! We offer:
- Generous clothing discounts and allowances
- The support of a large, global business with a multitude of lifestyle brands
- A unique working environment with onsite café, 10 minutes from the surf breaks of Burleigh Point
- Career, Training & Development Opportunities – We offer and encourage succession planning throughout our business
INTERESTED? APPLY HERE
Send us your application today to find out more!
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Whilst we would love the chance to speak to each and every applicant unfortunately that’s not always possible. If you have been selected for an interview you will hear back from us within 3 weeks. Good luck!