Born from water, Hurley was founded in Huntington Beach in 1999 on the principle of empowering and fuelling the voice of the next generation. Through the lens of inclusion, Hurley has partnered with the world’s best musicians, surfers, skateboarders, and more, growing into a global youth culture brand with roots sunk deep in beach lifestyle. Disruptive innovation is our unique blend of style and performance and has Hurley sitting as the global benchmark for performance both in and out of the water.
As a dynamic Australian & New Zealand wholesaler and retailer, Hurley Australasia is a leading action sports and lifestyle brand specialising in apparel, accessories and footwear. We continue to be the market leader in youth lifestyle products with an emphasis on the ocean and innovation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Brand / Retail Marketing role with an emphasis on go-to-market, social media strategy/execution and trade marketing across Wholesale/DTC business
Reporting to the Brand Manager, the Marketing Manager will drive and execute the Brand marketing strategy across both the Australian & New Zealand (A/NZ) marketplace.
This role requires an experienced marketer who is a proven leader and works exceptionally well cross-functionally.
This person is consumer obsessed, and is passionate about driving breakthrough storytelling and experiences in an ever-changing environment.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader, but views themselves as a true team player.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work in conjunction with Brand Manager to develop strategic brand & communications plan for ANZ in line with local business plans / roadmap and global direction
- Collaboratively build and execute the marketing strategy across the wider marketplace
- Drive Brand Marketing strategic plan construct – across pillars – being Brand, Events, Digital, Social & Retail – WS & DTC, Sports Marketing
- Deliver / maintain a fully reconciled master budget on monthly basis – back in alignment against plan
- Deliver unique storytelling and experiences across the marketplace to create distinct, high-impact consumer moments for the Hurley brand
- Ensure seasonal strategic fully integrated brand plans are executed in a timely & accurate manner against the company seasonal game plan model
- Create distinctive account voices across the marketplace to segment and dimensionalise the Hurley brand and drive relevant connections with consumers
- Obsess the consumer – create the working space for team to regularly connect with consumers so we can continue to evolve how we serve them
- Work with third party brand agencies/partners as required to achieve required strategic seasonal initiatives
- Close liaison with Brand Manager to ensure approval and alignment whilst driving plans & communications with all internal stakeholders through such process
- Plan, brief and review content with brand & retail marketing stakeholders to ensure a seamless and integrated consumer journey regardless of channel
- Be an integral influential member of the Hurley team with very close cross functional liaison back into Merchandising & Sales
- Work closely with Brand/Team Managers to align athletes/ambassadors against strategic seasonal objectives
- Work back with Brand Manager to facilitate Brand Events in Au/NZ
Creating Team success:
- Bring energy and positivity on daily basis
- Willing and able to disagree when needed, but able to align and implement if decisions go against your POV
- Create deep relationships with global and regional counterparts
- Drive flawless execution across the marketplace – set an incredibly high standard and hold team accountable
- Provide clear communication across the entire organization
- Act as an advocate for the consumer, the brand
- Be transparent: communicate well and often with your close and extended teams
- Drive efficiency – eliminate what isn’t needed through strong promotion of structure & process
- Encourage a ‘test and learn’ culture to drive creative thinking with a focus on measuring and understanding the impact of our investments.
- Collaborate with team (all functional leads of each dept) to execute against SGP (Seasonal Game Plan) rolling calendar with utmost timeliness.
- Strategic Thinking: Have a vision for the future and more importantly a plan to bring the vision to life. Foster a strategic planning environment that sets road map for success
- Consumer-centric Mindset: Obsess and serve the consumer – always. Dedicate time and resources to staying current with our consumer and be clear on what matters to them so Hurley can exceed their expectations
- Business Analysis and Quantitative Skills: Use relevant data to inform key decisions. Leverage the Science to inform the Art of brand story telling.
- Strong organization skills: Ability to prioritize and organize workload for self and team in response to often aggressive timelines
- Brand & Retail Marketing Knowledge: Minimum 5 years of marketing or like experience across both Brand & Retail
- Digital Foundational Skills: Our consumer lives in a friction-less world and we must understand how the conversation with consumers is changing so that we can make this a competitive advantage
- Strong Personal Standards: We must execute flawlessly, everyday – the consumer demands it
- Communication skills: Strong ability to communicate with people across all different levels, nationalities and cultures within and outside the Hurley organization. Be able to present strategically back to the leadership team
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with outside vendors and project management firms.
- Collaboration: Establish and maintain relationships across the Hurley cross-functional team – listening, understanding, and incorporating other function’s perspectives to drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others
- Experience working within a team, and thrives in a team environment
- Creative Suites: proficient in illustrator, photo-shop, adobe applications
WE CAN OFFER YOU…
Be part of a globally recognized youth culture brand team, be a driver for our ever-evolving business, as the marketing manager you will have the capacity and autonomy to collaborate, drive and execute our Brand marketing strategy – wholesale/retail and Au/NZ level. A competitive base salary, superannuation, employee discounts, free onsite parking and free access to our onsite gym are also on offer to the successful candidate.