Purpose of Position:
- Reporting directly to the Production Manager and working in partnership with the Art Director.
- Design & Develop and bring to market well executed, and profitable ranges.
- Responsible for the execution of design and product development process, from market research, conceptualisation, tech packing, supplier communication, through to sampling development and approved pre-production.
- Adhering to seasonal calendar dates for all product, meeting all deadlines.
- Accept work as prioritised and allocated by the Production Manager.
- Design, develop, execute and deliver comprehensive on-brand product offering.
- Graphic art ability a bonus (Creating and utilising tee print art across different product categories).
- Create seasonal colour palettes, storyboards, and inspirational mood boards.
- Research previous best sellers and upcoming market trends relevant to the market and creative direction.
- Design relevant product according to a set range plan, target FOB and seasonal range direction, including style silhouettes and print yardages.
- Lead the development and execution of products in relevant categories, as well as drive new fabrications, techniques, tooling and processes.
- Ensures product development is in accordance to margin requirements and production calendar.
- Review development sampling and submit for approval for all categories from design concept to production.
- Create accurate tech-packs and spec sheets in accordance with vendor needs and requirements.
- Understand cost build ups including yield, and opportunities for value-engineering.
- Working on tech design and creative ensure complete technical package is finalised in order to initiate development.
- Daily communication with product team and working closely with Production Manager to ensure that styles are executed correctly in bulk production.
- Ensure all necessary style information is updated and available for style set up via line plan / sheet.
- Assist in quality audits for respective categories.
- Clear communication to promote awareness and delivery of outcomes/objectives across the business.
Required Experience / Skill / Education:
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in product development and/or design.
- Product development knowledge of Garments / Accessories.
- Knowledge of product development calendar, process, timelines, and deliverables.
- Must be able to multi task and work in fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive with a solution/result oriented attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and follow through skills.
- Must be highly organised and detailed oriented.
- Must be MAC computer literate in relevant Applications – for example, Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant career path (Product development, Fashion Design, Graphics).
- PLM system knowledge a bonus.
Applications close EOB Monday 23 September