Reports to: Regional Marketing Manager ANZ/SEA
The GoPro Australia Marketing department is seeking a Lifestyle Marketing Specialist (Contractor) for Australia and New Zealand to work in the Melbourne office.
GoPro is the world’s leading activity image capturing company. GoPro produces the famous HERO® line of wearable and gear‐mountable cameras and accessories, making it easy for people to capture and share their lives’ most exciting moments. GoPro’s products are sold through specialty retailers in over 40 countries and online at www.gopro.com. No more missed footage because the camera was stuffed in the backpack or left in the car. Finally, get the shot that makes you look like a HERO…GoPro.
The position is responsible for developing, managing and maintaining a high level of return on GoPro’s investment in high potential target markets in ANZ (Australia and New Zealand).
In addition to making decisions on new Marketing opportunities, this role will be responsible for managing existing relationships/ investments and ensuring that the GoPro brand is properly represented and that our contracts and product seeding are being fulfilled to their utmost. Furthermore, activating events, athletes and ambassadors and providing Tech or Product Support for partners of GoPro will be part of his/her responsibilities.
The Lifestyle Marketing Specialist ANZ will be part of the ANZ GoPro Marketing Team, reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager ANZ/SEA and will interface directly with Global Vertical Managers, Communications & Social Media Agency, GoPro’s Legal and Accounting Teams and Sales and Channel teams. He/She will have a proven track record in the sports and events category and will give guidance and advice on the activation opportunities throughout all departments.
Who Will Love This Position
- Passionate people who thrive in a high growth, fast paced, constantly changing environment that are not afraid to roll their sleeves up.
- People who have an ongoing passion of the sports, music and consumer electronics.
- Participates in the sports themselves. Talk the talk and walk the walk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep an overview of Lifestyle Marketing activities in all terms of activation and making sure that it is well balanced throughout the different departments (events, athletes, resorts, regional activations, PR, social media, media production) and develop it further.
- Leverage relationships and track deliverables with sponsored athletes and organizations to ensure maximum return on investment for GoPro in the form of content capture, social media, media production, and branding.
- Leverage our athletes and properties to drive awareness and sales surrounding product launches. Implement campaigns and key selling periods into event / talent activations
- Work closely with the Global Events team to ensure gold standard event implementation.
- Develop and realize high potential projects together with key athletes, teams, partners and opinion leaders.
- Track deliverables from partners, as well as strategic partnerships as per their agreement.
- Build and maintain close contact and relationship with key athletes and project partners.
- Provide Guidance to Distributors in Australia and New Zealand to ensure brand consistency within all their Lifestyle Marketing activities.
- Responsible for the logistical functions of the department including purchase orders, product orders, event logistics, and video/photo shoots
- Provide preliminary review of incoming business development opportunities in the respective verticals received via phone, email and case files from other departments.
- Make decisions to offer Pro Deals, No Deals, or forward to Marketing Manager for additional review and follow up.
- Escalate the high-level opportunities to Marketing Manager for further review.
- Tracking and processing payments of project partners and athletes.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of ANZ activities and deliverables to ANZ/US Marketing/Lifestyle Marketing Team and keep a constant dialogue and updates to the global vertical managers in the head office.
- Route inquiries to the proper GoPro employee for Media, Marketing & Sponsorship, Sales, and Business Development.
- Provide technical assistance to athletes, partners and Pro Deal customers.
- Fine-tune GoPro’s seeding strategy for ANZ and align with the Marketing Manager. Execute accordingly.
- Create and maintain sponsorship calendar to ensure successful integration into various outlets.
- Event support (booth, production assistance, athlete support).
- Manage Marketing Activation vehicle including logistics, event calendar, GoPro led events, Distributor led events and onsite activation.
- Occasional media production support and production equipment pool management.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be strategic, creative, organized and be able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on our overall marketing goals
- Self-motivated, creative, collaborative and interested in emerging trends
- Highly motivated individual who is capable of working in the details while ensuring the overall program is on strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in administrative and accounting tasks
- Willing to roll sleeves up and get hands dirty
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing marketing programs domestically and abroad
- Knowledge and experience in working with athletes, teams, events, sanctioning bodies, managing budgets; ability to present and influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently whilst managing and completing multiple projects and priorities at the same time within a rapidly changing environment
- Sports and Music culture enthusiast and technology interests
- Ability to travel – approx. 30-40% including weekends
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Based in Melbourne Australia
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)