The essence of Hurley is rooted in a love of the ocean and its constant state of change. Fuelled by innovation, inclusion and empowerment of youth, we aim revolutionise the surf-wear industry. With an international presence – from our headquarters in Costa Mesa, California, to offices in Tokyo, Sydney, Barcelona and Bali – we constantly work to push the limit of what’s possible in the ocean, seeing what’s beyond the horizon.
We are currently seeking an experienced National Sales Managerto join the team in our funky offices in Brookvale, NSW. Reporting to the Category Business Director, Australasia, you will effectively lead and drive the Sales function across Australasia, creating and servicing product demand, driving profitability and delivering premium consumer experiences and sustainable brand growth.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage a team of Direct Sales and Customer service/support across Australasia
- Coach, support and develop the Sales team by managing and driving performance, setting individual goals, whilst consistently recognizing and rewarding achievement
- Develop, apply and oversee, in collaboration with all members of the account team, account plans and strategies, including revenue plans
- Liaise with product and category business groups to develop programs and product to achieve revenue targets and strong brand positioning
- Adapt global departmental plans and priorities to address local business, service and operational challenges
- Lead the scenarios planning, forecasting, budget management, seasonal initiatives and business analysis processes, realistically and accurately
- Track progress to ensure that market and customer capacities are met
- Establish and maintain consistent, timely and positive external relationships with all accounts and senior management
- Ad-hoc local travel required.
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- A tertiary degree in Business, Commerce and/or related field
- Previous experience in a related role, within the Retail, Athletic-wear, Consumer Products and/or FMCG space
- Demonstrated team leadership and people management experience in Direct Sales, Customer Service and/or Customer and Operations Support, coupled with the ability to build rapport and business partnerships
- Strong business acumen & a proven track record increasing revenue
- Experience with Retail metrics and account profitability models, with an ability to drive a profitable account business
- Proven customer service skills and a general understanding of Digital & B2B platforms
- Exceptionally strong problem solving & communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Ability to influence both cross-functionally and vertically within the industry and Marketplace, and negotiate complex Retail agreements
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Navision and COGNOS desirable.
What we can offer
Here at Hurley, we place great emphasis on cultural fit – we seek applicants who can demonstrate high integrity, transparency and confidence as well as an honest passion for the brand and its’ ethos.
When you join a company like Hurley, you join a way of life – one that embraces creativity, positivity and beach culture. Our people share a passion for beach culture, and freedom of expression that translates into advanced, authentic products for the surf athlete.