- Looking for an opportunity to create market leading surfwear?
- Wanting a global role?
- Join our passionate apparel design crew
Rip Curl is a brand for, and about, the crew on The Search. The products we make, the events we run, the riders we support, and the values we strive to uphold… this is all part of the Search that Rip Curl is on.Rip Curl, the Ultimate Surfing Company
About the role…
As we continue to evolve globally, we have created a new Global Men’s Bottom’s Designer to lead our Men’s Bottoms category. This position will be based at our Global Head Office in Torquay, Australia or our USA office in Costa Mesa CA and will involve travel to other iconic surf locations around the globe, for both inspiration and collaboration with our team of talented designers. This role will report into our Global Head of Design and will be responsible for taking our Men’s Bottoms category to the next level. We are open to relocating the best candidate to Australia. You will;
- Deliver a market leading Bottoms assortment
- Ensure each regions needs are met, having a clear understanding of their market trends whilst looking at new development, techniques, and fabrications available through the international, national and competitor markets to ensure quality and trend leading product
- Ensure fit, fabric and constructions blanks are consistent throughout each region.
- Fitting, approvals of strike-offs and following development of all designed styles
You live The Search and are passionate about design and creating market leading product. You are committed to understanding our customers and our values. Demonstrated through your experience and folio, you will be able to accurately predict trends and implement this into a range. To be successful your knowledgeable in the construction of trims, fabrics and garments will be essential in ensuring continuous development, techniques and fabrications.
How to apply…