About the job
- Broadbeach, Central Gold Coast Location
- Fast-paced, growing E-Commerce coastal lifestyle retailer
- Friendly, open plan office
About the role
Our Brand & E-Commerce Team are looking for a new Direct Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing Team! The role is responsible coordinate the execution of our email and SMS channels and assist in the execution of customer lifecycle marketing initiatives across the SurfStitch Group and in line with the overall marketing strategy. A focus on customer segmentation to maximise CLV, frequency, retention and ultimately revenue. This role will promote business growth and sales, improving customer satisfaction, increasing engagement and brand sentiment through email marketing initiatives and brand programs.
SurfStitch is home to over 20,000 products, 350 brands and offers a fun, fast-paced, challenging environment and is experiencing solid growth. SurfStitch HQ is based in Broadbeach, Gold Coast, just a short walk from some of Australia’s most iconic surf beaches. SurfStitch offers an environment of motivated, career minded individuals and provides lots of staff benefits including employee discounts, training and development programs and staff events! Our purpose is to inspire you to live offline, shop online.
Key operational duties
Customer Lifecycle and Loyalty
- Work with Campaign Manager to execute retention programs to improve repeat purchase, customer frequency and loyalty.
- Build multi-channel customer journeys which improve customer email experience and increase customer lifetime value.
- Providing support on email enhancing projects, strategy programs and researching new developments to grow the email channel.
- Communicate SurfStitch’s brand voice in all email programs.
- Execute segmentation of the email database to raise awareness of key customer lifecycle audiences and target these groups through email programs.
- Assist in database optimisation through acquisition initiatives and increased data collection to maximise email database growth.
- Maintaining the overall health of the email database.
Email & SMS Channel Execution
- Coordinate the execution of all email and SMS campaigns to achieve channel KPIs relating to sales, channel ROI, gross profit targets, margin targets and email database growth.
- Deploying email campaigns including email coding, email proofing and scheduling of all emails.
- Implement A/B testing, web analytics and insights into emails channel activity.
- Coordinating the execution of email campaigns with necessary members of the marketing team and/or other departments and overseeing the design of each campaign.
- Reporting on daily, weekly and monthly email statistics.
- Checking email reply inbox to assist in improving the email channel.
- Assisting with adhoc marketing requests.
Experience we require from our Direct Marketing Coordinator:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Email/Direct Marketing field.
- Understanding or experience with HTML coding for email development.
- Knowledge of email marketing and online demand generation activities.
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles.
- Marketing awareness and knowledge regarding competitors, trends and industry benchmarks.
- Experience reporting on marketing metrics and measurable.
Key Skills we require from our Direct Marketing Coordinator:
- Very high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and be accountable for own responsibilities and objectives.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and analyse information to drive responsive marketing decisions.
- Display initiative in day to day tasks to minimise error.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both oral and written.
- Effective, time management, organisation and project management skills. This is a fast-growing company and it’s critical to be able to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent planning skills and strong focus on measurement and results whilst maintaining overall company perspective.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Display passion and motivation for a coastal lifestyle work environment
As an Individual Contributor, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate our SurfStitch competencies: Planning & Organising, Adaptability, Collaborating, Managing Work and Innovation.
Benefits and Perks:
- Advance Your Career – Fantastic opportunity for career development
- Great Culture & Environment
- Located in Broadbeach with only a 5-minute walk to the beach
- Birthday paid day off
- Generous staff discount
- Weekly onsite massages available
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
Are you ready for a new challenge? Here’s what you need to do…
Please send your resume and a covering letter, telling us a bit about yourself and your experience relevant to the role. Applications close 9am Monday 22 February 2021.