- Based in our Torquay Victoria office
- Lead the design process for all digital medians locally for Patagonia
- Demonstrated knowledge and connection to our brand is essential
Patagonia is an outdoor apparel business like no other, “We’re in business to save our home planet.”Staying true to our core values during 40+ years in business has helped us create a company we’re proud to work for. Our values stay true to a business that was started by a band of climbers and surfers, and the minimalist style they promoted. The approach we take demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility; build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to protect nature, not bound by convention.
We look for candidates who thrive in a team-based atmosphere. We’re seeking people who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who participate in and appreciate our core sports. Folks who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively are most successful with us. We don’t want someone who can just do a job – we want the best person for the job. Yet we don’t look for “stars” seeking special treatment and perks. Our best efforts are collaborative, and Patagonia culture rewards the ensemble player while it barely tolerates those who need the limelight.The Role:
Based in our Torquay Victoria office the Digital Designer is responsible for designing and/or laying out a broad range of digital assets from brief, creation and channel implementation. Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will also work closely with the Patagonia Australia marketing, ecommerce and product teams to develop and enhance our local brand integrity and consumer engagement.
- Design and/or layout of campaign and marketing materials including digital assets for multimedia and graphics projects, website, emails, social media, advertising and ecommerce channels. Adapt global marketing designs to agreed regional go-to-market plans.
- Understand visual brand and digital guidelines to maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
- Review briefs and seek additional information from the Marketing Director, the Marketing Operations Manager or directly where needed from the Digital Marketing manager and Ecommerce team or Merchandise team.
- Work with the Marketing Operations Manager to ensure all creative assets are routed for feedback and delivered on time to internal and external partners.
- Ensure the creative brief is met on all projects with the inclusion of all mandatory elements.
- Facilitate email creation schedule.
- Collaborate with photo asset manager on regional photo library and asset management.
- Communication with digital agencies, art services and freelance resources where applicable.
- Keep abreast of digital marketing and communications trends, platforms and tactics to make informed recommendations.
- May be assigned design projects across traditional marketing channels including flyers, print ads and other marketing materials as required.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a digital marketing design role, either in-house or agency.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to establish prioritises and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent proficiency in email design and email platforms such as Klaviyo.
- Excellent Knowledge of UX fundamentals.
- Knowledge of editing video and audio productions for multimedia design.
- High level of knowledge about the Patagonia brand philosophy and values.
- High level of market knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and project management tools.
- Ability to remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional manner within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Participation and understanding of the sports that the Company produces products for.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Patagonia is proud of our diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Patagonia provides employees with competitive benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, employee discounts, generous clothing allowance, matching of charity donations and much more.
*Please include a cover letter in your application. Applicants must have full and ongoing working rights within Australia.