Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better — supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Avalon Beach to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
As Customer Service Assistant, you will be responsible for day-to-day communication with Surfline Wavetrak users through our customer support portal, with the end goal being to appease and retain our current subscribers. You will also help to ensure that Surfline Wavetrak takes a proactive stance in customer service by leveraging Zendesk features to scale the function most effectively.
What You’ll Do:
- Promptly and professionally respond to incoming service requests through internal ticketing system (Zendesk)
- Act as the first layer of support for Surfline, Magicseaweed, FishTrack and Buoyweather users
- Collaborate with our Forecast, Product, and Camera Operations departments to resolve user issues
- Guide users through our products and features to ensure they are getting the most out of their experience
- Maintain the “voice” of our brand and culture while communicating with users, while being professional, detailed and patient
- Contribute to the overall customer service strategy by identifying opportunities for process optimization
- Forward on key customer service ticket themes to product / marketing teams to ensure transparency around user feedback
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in customer service (retail, online, etc.)
- Top notch communication skills
- Extensive patience and empathy for Surfline Wavetrak users
- Bias to action and ability to solve problems independently
- Takes pride in the role and approaches work with a positive outlook; energetic and results driven
You May Also Have:
- Experience in a customer service related role
- Zendesk or similar ticketing system experience
- Passion for ocean-going activities
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.