Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better — supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
At Surfline Wavetrak, we do great work from anywhere. This ranges from our office in Avalon Beach to across the globe. This position is eligible to be based from a variety of locations, including full-time remote.
Surfline Australia is in a period of significant growth and we need an exemplary and dynamic Marketing professional to support us through this growth and beyond. We’re looking for a person with a great breadth of marketing experience, as this role will cross section brand, performance and paid, life cycle, subscriber growth, social media, editorial and more. The right candidate will be able to simultaneously ingest the channel-specific strategies defined by the HQ-based channel marketing teams, and regionalise them for the Australian surf audience AND ideate and build marketing campaigns that will be unique to the Australian region and it’s surfers. You will be passionate about customer centric marketing, and driving business growth. You will ideally be an entrepreneurial marketer with the confidence to suggest and implement strategies. You will also use your deep experience in digital marketing, campaign execution, marketing strategy, and brand development, to execute brand growth strategies and deliver on KPIs that map to corporate growth objectives. You will be able to talk to the marketing strategies in this region on a company wide level, and how they are contributing to the broader growth in Australia.
What You’ll Do:
· Plan and execute on all key cross-channel marketing initiatives for this region.
· Ideate and develop marketing strategies unique to this region, outside of the existing strategies from HQ.
· Develop and own the execution of the AU Marketing Headline Calendar, working closely with product, content, design and other cross functional teams to develop and deliver campaigns and product news, driving excitement for our brands, sub-brands, and key product features.
· Own the Australian Athlete program
· Manage marketing and acquisition partnerships.
· Write detailed plans for new product launches and manage the implementation of launch plans.
· Oversee the production of all campaign material from on-product and external positioning, advertising, media, and events.
· Be able to constantly review and assess marketing programs from Head Office and ensure they are viable and will be successful in the AU region.
· Analyse new and existing marketing programs to determine the effectiveness related to business goals.
· Work with the strategy team to maintain strong market intelligence, keeping up to date on consumer and industry trends, and making recommendations for changes to our own strategies.
· Establish a culture of planning, execution, and accountability against business goals across marketing channels, and collaborate with team members to optimise performance.
· Support paid marketing efforts with the strategy, editorial, creative and marketing teams.
What We’re Looking For:
· Strong experience in the digital consumer subscription or e-commerce space.
· Experience in Australian market and delivering exemplary marketing to the region.
· Athlete marketing and partner marketing experience.
· Experience building and executing multi-channel campaigns that drive subscriber growth.
· Experience owning/operating key aspects of the digital customer lifecycle (specifically product marketing modules, in-app modals, and landing pages).
· Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, data scientists/BI people, and designers.
· An ability to effectively communicate analytical conclusions into action plans.
· Bias to action and driving lifetime value.
· Creative and strong in developing messaging concepts and strategies for customer communications.
· Proven track record of customer lifecycle optimisation and on-product marketing that resulted in improved conversion and retention.
· Familiarity with next-gen CRM/lifecycle platforms required, Braze preferred.
You May Also Have:
· Marketing experience in other APAC regions outside of Australia.
· Knowledge of the surf industry, its lifestyle and culture.
· Passion for surfing and/or ocean activities.
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.