About the business
Akewatu is a successful on-line marketplace supporting the surfing community in Europe and is now just launched in Australia. We offer the successful candidate an exciting, progressive culture in which to grow and learn.
We connect surfers to surf shops in order to find their perfect technical equipment (new or used surfboards, leash, fins etc ).
In Europe we are the #1 search engine for surfboards. Due to the explosive growth trajectory and launch of the business in Australia we are looking for a talented candidate to join immediately.
You will report directly to the Business Developer Manager located on the Gold Coast.
About the role
This dynamic, constantly evolving role requires the candidate to work closely with retailers in co-ordinating their sales onto a revolutionary new marketplace platform that creates incremental revenue for them.
- NSW / QLD Sales Agent. As this is a very large territory (Noosa to Merimbula), the area may be split across 1 or 2 people…TBD upon applicants.
- Shop Support.
- Uploading of supply & ad creation.
Benefits and perks
- Work for a successful start-up in the surfing industry.
- Enjoy a supportive, engaging and highly interactive work environment.
- Contract salary + incentives.
Skills and experience
- The key to success in this role will be your ability to support retailers (the Seller).
- Must have strong surfboard knowledge, also a highly passionate & experienced surfer.
- Good computer skills & fairly tech savvy.
- Valid License with own car.
- Flexible hours.
- Great industry knowledge & retail network.
- Understand the relationships between retailers & brands.
- Self- motivation and personal initiative with the drive to get results.