In this critical role you will develop and execute a merchandising up front strategy including assortment, sales planning, pricing/margin and distribution for the Quiksilver brand. You’ll need to take a strategic and well-balanced approach to ensure our line plan and architecture meets consumer trends and needs whilst driving growth, margin expansion, profitability and brand focus. You’ll be a liaison between the internal functional teams, external sales, international product teams and key retail partners so your influencing, negotiation and communication skills will be critical. To be ultimately successful in this role you will need to maintain an in-depth knowledge of the market, trends, innovation, competition and product.
This is a business like no other. We’re a proud family of brands with amazing heritage in the industry. Being part of a large global business will provide you with unique exposure to industry best practice, allowing you to continue developing your career. This role is supported by a great team who are passionate about what they do, and technologies providing you with data to support your decisions.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in an apparel product environment – ideally in a buying, merchandising or product development role
- An in-depth knowledge of product development calendar timelines and deliverables
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with PLM systems would be preferred
- The ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
- An organised and detail orientated approach to work
- A passion for the Quiksilver brand and what it represents to our customers
Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate.
Send us your application today to find out more!
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Whilst we would love the chance to speak to every applicant unfortunately that’s not always possible. If you have been selected for an interview you will hear back from us within 3 weeks. Good luck!