Garment Designer – Billabong Mens
We are looking for an experienced Garment Designer to join the Billabong Mens Design team. In this role, you will design and product develop key men’s speed to market and SMU programs for the Billabong brand. Working with an experienced, senior level team you will have an opportunity to learn from the best in the business!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be responsible for delivering on specific market needs to focus on product opportunities across the Billabong retail and wholesale business. Your duties will include:
- Conceptualising and creating garment designs based on market research & regional design briefs
- Develop new fabrications, techniques, treatments and processes to deliver on specific opportunities within the marketplace
- Design into targeted price-points, categories and silhouettes in accordance with margin requirements
- Designing and developing products through to sampling stages, liaising with suppliers and merchandising teams
- PLM management including style set-up for all styles and trims by creating and maintaining BOM’s, all sample comments and approvals
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in garment design across multiple categories, ideally within the surf/skate industry
- Graphic design qualifications and the ability to create repeat yardage artwork
- A good understanding of graphic art, colours, fabrics, trim and fit is essential
- Time management and prioritisation skills to meet tight deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop
- Passion for the Billabong brand
BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS!
As part of the Billabong Group of global brands, you’ll also be entitled to some great perks including:
- Clothing discounts
- Career & personal development opportunities
- A great work/life balance and unique working environment
- Modern office with on-site café, skate ramp and free parking
We thank everyone in advance for their application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted within a 4 week period.